Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week 2 Prompt II (Self assigned redo)


Those who forget history are forced to relive it, first as tragedy, then as farce.


Playing football with myself is quite interesting. Especially when I never learn. I play football with myself outside in the winter, and it appears that there are some things that I will never learn, which are actually becoming quite humorous at this point. Firstly, I landed on my right elbow pretty hard once. So, I did not learn from that, I went out later and did it again. Until eventually it developed a sort of perpetual sore bruise, lasting for months, getting reaggravated as I was constantly landing on it. So then, since that was not enough, I had to land on my right knee instead. I ignored it, and it developed into pretty much the same thing. So then, I had to complete the trifecta, sliding along the ice and ramming my right hand into an outjuting protuberance of ice a couple of days ago. It had only been my palm, and with a little effort, I could still touch my pinky finger with my thumb, so I went out two days later, and landed on my hand, elbow, and knee repeatedly. It is pretty much just humorous now, as I know I will not stop to let them fully heal while there is still snow and ice outside. I will just try to be a little more careful next time. And try not to start in on the left side.

1 comment:

  1. "Playing football with myself is quite interesting. Especially when I never learn. I play football with myself outside in the winter, and it appears that there are some things that I will never learn, which are actually becoming quite humorous at this point."

    "It is pretty much just humorous now"

    Never ever offer the reader the word "humorous" or any of its synonyms, ditto "interesting." It sets up a terrible dynamic where the reader says, 'Oh yeah? Make me laugh then, make me interested, I dare you!'

    Those adjectives are sizzle. Offer up a steak and hope it sells itself, but never advertise that sizzle.

    ReplyDelete