Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 1 Prompt II


Alone in a quiet room. How did you get there?

Unfortunately, how I got to this room is not very interesting. If I rode in on an elephant, or jetpacked in, or rappeled in, or ziplined in, it might be more interesting. But I didn't. With all of those wonderful options for me, I chose the most boring way to enter a room. I walked in. If I had come in a more unusual way, I could have written much more about it, but I didn't. How about I try again.

One moment.

I am back. How did I get back to this quiet room? I petted our poodle Della's head, threw a football to myself, spun around my sister, ran out of the kitchen into the living room, bounced the football off of the window, climbed over the back of the couch, jumped over the armchair, leapt over my sister's bed, ran for a second more, and dove back to the laptop. I think that that is more interesting. It certainly was to me. And to my mother (Don't worry, she didn't mind it.)

1 comment:

  1. :)

    Great! Meta-writing! Breaking the frame (you'll do more of that in 162). Breaking the third wall. Using faux literalness to be, in fact, extremely playful. All fine tactics.

    ReplyDelete