Sunday, January 15, 2012

Myself as a Writer, 1st Person


I have always found writing interesting. I have written a lot all my life, and I have enjoyed it greatly. I experience at writing had not been very extensive considering essays, until the English class with Mr. Goldfine last semester. I learned much during that course, but it is true that the five paragraph form is limiting. Creative writing provides me with much more leeway to be creative, as it does not follow a specific format, and that left me lost for a little bit, until I figured out how I could do these assignments, as I had not faced anything of this sort before. The one thing I can say is that I disliked having to do this first person one again, as it feels that I had done it a few times already during the first course. This made it annoying to have to do it again, as I could not see any other way really to do it then I had before, for the first person part. The other two were fine. But this one, it just felt like I had exhausted my creative abilities on this one, so that is what I put in here, that it was frustrating me, which ended up working fine I think, which means that the assignment ended up being pretty good. It is good experience for me to work with something I have already written, and figuring out how to write it exactly the same way, yet differently.

1 comment:

  1. Amusing to see you tapdance in the second half here, tom--looking for many ways to make your point.

    ReplyDelete