Saturday, January 21, 2012

Journal Entry 1-20-12


My sister likes to run everywhere. I guess she thinks that she will get there faster if she does, which may be true, except that our yard is covered in a solid slippery sheet of probably three inches of ice. And Felicia disdains to recognize that as a harbinger of a time of not running. So, she went outside this morning to run down to take care of the chickens, took one step off the steps, and fell down. This was highly distressing to her, so of course she went back outside and tried running again. And fell down again. Once we finally made it to the college, we had a rather unremarkable day, except that in our speaking class, we got paired up with another random student in the class to introduce each other. I got to say about my DYAD that "And he can see Canada from his house!" The teacher said "Really, he can see Sarah Palin- I mean, Canada from his house?" Our GIS class finally got a room. The English assignments for next week are up, and I finally get to do something beside throw down my random thoughts and occurrences onto a paper, I was getting a little fatigued of this. Just a little though.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think random thoughts are necessarily to be scoffed at, denigrated, and derogated--call them 'brainstorming' if you want to give them a diction upgrade. Yours are always worth my while, even if they're as quotidian as Felicia's icy pratfalls.

    ReplyDelete