Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 1 Prompt III


Alone in a quiet room. What do you see?

I see the laptop screen, where these words are magically appearing. I switch to my blog. Interesting. It of course is currently unpopulated, but it shall not be devoid for much longer. If you read my first "Alone in a room" post yet, you will know why it is called "LP Tom 16." 16 is my favorite number. Though why my blog is orange, I cannot really inform you as to the reason of that. At first, I did the brown template with birds in the upper corner like my sister had, but I had looked at the other blogs of other students in these classes, and it seemed that the majority had also chosen that one. So I wanted something more interesting. I figured out how to customize, took a simple one, and changed the coloring and things a bit. But I had left it at orange, as it looked pretty good. I changed the font to orange and "puritan", as my sister said that "lobster" was too curly. Orange is not one of my favorite colors, in fact, it is probably more towards my least favorite. But that is the color of my blog, and it will be this color for the rest of the semester. Probably. In less I get tired of it. Incidentally, orange is also one of the colors of the Denver Bronco's uniforms, who got demolished by the Patriots last night. Maybe I should change this blog to blue and white?

1 comment:

  1. Orange works for me, and I'm much more of a puritan than I am a lobster-fancier. Being able to pull a writing out of the stray bits and pieces of reality floating through your brain, as you do so nicely here, is a grand ability for an essayist.

    ReplyDelete