Sunday, January 15, 2012

Journal Entry, 1-15-12


I looked at my blog this morning, and I looked at the statistics for it, seeing that it had been viewed 22 times, 17 by Google Chrome, 4 by Internet Explorer, 1 by Firefox. The Google Chrome were definitely mostly mine, and the Internet Explorer ones were probably Mr. Goldfine, but what accounts for the Firefox one? How many other people have been looking at my empty blog already in one day? I look at the operating system, all Windows. I look at the countries. Interesting. My blog has been viewed 22 times from the U.S., and once in Germany. That sort of rules me and Mr. Goldfine out of it. With a sudden idea, I look at my sister's blog that has been up since August. If I got a German view in the first day, then what would Felicia have? She had 513 views by Internet Explorer, 174 by Google Chrome, 138 by Firefox, 14 by Granparadiso (Never even heard of it), 10 by Opera, and 8 by Safari. I go onto our browser, Comodo Dragon, and view her page, just to give her some variety, as if she didn't have enough already. She has 821 Windows views, 21 Macintosh views, and 16 views by Linux operating systems. Then I check her country page views. Well, you can't say she hasn't had good foreign exposure. 763 views from the U.S., 60 by Russia, 25 by Germany, 4 by Latvia, 3 by Ukraine, and one each by Italy, the Phillipines, and Poland. I hope they enjoyed her English writing. I then wrote all of my English homework for the week. At least that's out of the way. Quite enjoyable, too. The week has technically started, so I can post them on my beloved by the Germans blog. I listen to Linkin Park all day. Nothing better to get me in a good writing mood than "Shut up when I'm talking to you!" I watched the Patriots spifflicate the Broncos last night, so I watched the Ravens beat the Texans today to earn the right to play them. (The Texans would have won except for the rookie mistakes by Yates.) I read E. Phillips Oppenheim, predicting World War II happening for the exact same reasoning that it actually did occur, and he predicted it in 1922. He was foreseeing. Why have I never heard of Granparadiso?

3 comments:

  1. At least one of those Google Chromes was me. Hello! Just reading through some of my fellow classmates workings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the statistics or even how you find them, though I'd be willing to learn (hint....), but is it possible that the foreign views are just views that were routed through an overseas computer? This is well out of my wheelhouse of competence, but, certainly, I'm usually on IE, though occasionally FFX or Chrome might be my engines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @biddix, good to have feedback from anyone. Thanks. :)

    @johngoldfine, When you are on the dashboard, click on statistics, then I think in the old interface, which I am assuming you are still on, if you click more next to the graph of views, then it will give you all of this information. If you are on the new interface, then clicking on the statistics, then audience, will give it to you.

    ReplyDelete