Thursday, February 9, 2012

Week 4 Theme Part 2: Mostly Veracity Version


I walked to the shelf, my Ipod playing Edward Maya in my ears. Yes, if the book's title really did commence with a "Q", then it was not there. I checked on my smart phone. Yes, it was "The Quest for Winter Sunshine", by E. Phillips Oppenheim, and it said that it belongs to this library. And it is in stacks. And since I could not locate the book in the Q spot for Oppenheim, I located a librarian instead, reshelving books. She was trying to put the book on the top shelf, so I assisted her in accomplishing that feat.

"Now that that book is reshelved, could you help me find another one I'm looking for?" I asked.

"Certainly," she replied.

She went to the shelf next to us where Oppenheim was (figuratively speaking), and turned to me.

"I can't see it either! I wonder where it could have gotten to?"

"I checked it on the catalog earlier."

"Oh, good idea, let's look again," she said.

I handed my smartphone to her, and she looked at the book.

"Oh! This has NF next to it. For the life of me, I can't remember what that means."

"Nonfiction, perhaps?" I suggested.

"Oh yes! Nonfiction! It's in the nonfiction section of course, that's why it wasn't on the fiction shelf!"

"Oh! Thank you. I didn't know he wrote any non-fiction books."

"Oh, don't thank me. See you around!"

I walked to go get the book from the non-fiction section, and noticed a door in the wall that was open. It led out of the wall and outside. I did not wish to think what it led out to, as we were five stories up. I went away, and located the book with minimal difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment