Monday, April 23, 2012

Week 10 Theme

I was walking along the campus. Rain was pouring down onto my blue and yellow EMCC baseball windbreaker. I watched droplets of rain gather up and drip off from the brim of my blue and yellow EMCC baseball hat. I have to jump to the side as someone runs by me.

***

I am walking back after my class. My socks are pretty wet now, and I have to jump off the path into some mud to avoid a few people running from the dorms. I get inside, and take off my hat. It is about ten pounds, sodden all through.

***

"Hey Felicia, you look really silly running around all over the campus," I tell her a few weeks before. "Imagine if everyone ran all over the college like you do? It look really queer, not to mention that the walking people would be having to jump out of the way all the time."

***

Rainy days are now called "Everyone on campus running around like Felicia" days.

1 comment:

  1. I understand the need to sometimes pull back and take a cautious, wait-and-see approach to an assignment.

    ReplyDelete