Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Week 15 Theme


Here in 162sville we try to avoid the Civil War, slaves, rape, incest, racism, suicide, and all the rest.

You want your books to have rounded corners, leave them near a poodle puppy.
With more attention span than a goldfish
It's totally whack... tossing the minis into a blender... calculated disorganization... tossing chronology to the winds... I find it... charming.
*I have dog conversations all the time
Particularly droll
the cleats-rigamarole
Amusing to see you tapdance
*My dogs are considerably more articulate.
Though I'd be willing to learn (hint....)
So dehydrated and esurient
Holy hannah! That is very weird! Very very!
*My dogs say things like:
So droll, so impervious to possible teacher's negativity.
Glad that my wit was nearly as funny as an old fat guy sneezing....
'Droll' is the key word--very nice line in deadpan humor.
* “Give me a treat, you asshole!”
The monumental and glorious silliness
I'm going to comment here on the whole triptych.
Just a second non-comment comment to boot blogger into saying '2 comments' instead of '0 comments'
* “I'm not going out in that snow, no way!”
Victorian writers were besotted with punctuation,
Wellllllll, that's a bit of a stretch
What's English without the occasional safe house, courier cut out, secret cell, disinformation, and counter-espionage op?
* “Leave me the fuck alone!”
Once had a robot replace me as a heat-treater in a factory job
Do you know what a 'macguffin' is?
Do its job without interference from ancillary material.

Isearch handwritten on spiral notebook paper nightmare

* “That's mine!”
Who do you think the bosses came whining to when Big Robey went on a snooze cruise?
Between the proctor's fussiness and the reality that only you seemed aware of.
Stories don't necessarily come from dramatic, near death experiences.
*(They always punctuate with exclamation points.)
Your attitude and cinnamon gum
The players hijinx (silly old word, sorry)
I hope you don't think that's rude.
* “Good time for a walk!”
"Tomorrow I will give you a story titled 'The Ashtray.'"
In a course like this is set free on the playground of letters. Go climb on the monkey bars!
Find someplace that is not McDonaldized
* “WHO'S THAT ON OUR ROAD!!!!”
Shhh, don't tell anyone I said this
That's okey-doke.
Not to keep beating this dead horse...
* “My dog, that smells doog, boss!”
I remember Mysterious Talky Guy Part I!
Writing from the stretch, so to speak, instead of with a full windup?
I worked a whole summer at summer camp without swearing once!
* “Mmmmm, horse shit, yum yum!”
Reconstruction of your hogitude is very convincingly porcine.
Hand the candidate a glove, and say "Think fast."
A finely articulated skeleton
English teachers! They can't count!'

I don't get paid to talk about dogs, but I do get paid to talk about writing, which I love.

2 comments:

  1. I could read snippets of my wit and wisdom til midnight, but I have finals at 8 am, so....

    But I do give me a smile, I confess--so thanks for re-introducing me to me!

    ReplyDelete